The Meat Add-on is a monthly box of mixed meats, including pastured pork and grass-fed beef and sometimes chicken or lamb. For example, one box may contain 1 package of chicken legs, 2 packages of ground beef, and 2 to 3 packages of other beef or pork cuts such as steaks, roasts, sausages, pork chops, bacon and more. Box contents differ each month and vary according to availability.
All products are sourced within our 150 km radius of Parliament Hill.
Farmhouse Food employs strict production protocols in sourcing our meat:
- All pigs, chickens, lambs and cattle must be pasture-raised (living outdoors on fresh pasture);
- All cattle must be exclusively grass-fed and grass-finished (no grain);
- All grains fed to other livestock must be certified organic (no GMOs or pesticide residues);
- The use of artificial growth hormones and prophylactic use of antibiotics is prohibited;
- All livestock must be raised humanely and stress-free;
- Preference is given to meats from farms that practice regenerative agriculture and use their pastures to sequester carbon and provide wildlife habitat.
The Meat Add-on will be delivered once every 4 weeks with your Winter Harvest Box, at a cost of $125/box for a total of 6 boxes.
The delivery schedule for the Meat Add-On is:
January 9, February 6, March 6, April 3, May 1, May 29
You will be charged for the first box when you sign up for it. The rest of the payments will be charged at the start of each month from January through until May.
Add-on boxes cannot be delivered on alternate dates.